Wednesday, March 3, 2010

it all makes sense now

So, this is a conversation that's happened many times* over the last 20-odd years betwixt the husband and me.

Him: Why are you buying q-tips again? What a waste of money!

Me: Ummm... to clean my ears with. I do it every day. Don't you clean your ears???

Him: No.

Me: Are you kidding me? If I don't clean my ears out every day, they get all gooey and itchy and I go deaf.

Him: ????????? What do you mean? My ear wax dries up and falls out of my ears.

Me: ?????????????? How is that even possible??? Never mind; I'm buying the q-tips. Leave me alone.


Yeah. 

So, anyhow, as I'm doing random web-hopping the other day, I come across this interesting little tidbit: there is a recessive gene for dry earwax.

Who knew???


*don't ask me how many times; I don't keep track of things like that. I only know it's been more than a few.